- Is a non-government organization;
- Is engaged in innovative programs to restore, conserve and sustain lakes, wetlands or other water bodies;
- Promotes awareness, education and environmental stewardship wherever possible;
- Has significant involvement with and support from their local community;
- Has the ability to attract potential member organizations to the Living Lakes Canada network;
- Demonstrates interest and commitment to contribute to the development of Living Lakes Canada.
Living Lakes Canada invites freshwater associations to collaborate in education, monitoring, protection, restoration and policy development initiatives for the long-term protection of Canada’s freshwater legacy with an emphasis on linking science to action, fostering citizen-based water stewardship and promoting the protection of watersheds in Canada. Download: Living Lakes Canada Membership Criteria and Application Form (PDF)
Click here to signup for Watershed News